So, keep your fingers crossed that Ellie is figuring things out, as well as Bradley and I. Last night it only took about 20 minutes to get her to bed around 715. Then I gave her a dream feed at 10 and set my alarm for 130 to go feed her again. I thought maybe if we get her up to eat before she wakes up starving she won't cry so much and refuse to eat b/c she's so worked up. Bradley went in at 145 to feed her and she ate fine and just went back to sleep. I think he was up maybe 30 minutes. Then she woke up at 6am to eat and play but that would be fine with me if she has a night that easy every night!
I think it's helping that I decided to just pump and do bottles. I'm wondering if she was getting confused by switching between nursing and giving bottles. She's been eating 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours which is pretty much right no track for her age. Now, if I can just keep my milk supply up for awhile things will be looking pretty good. I'm not feeling so guilty now about not nursing her myself but she's still getting the breast milk so that's good. Once my milk supply starts going down then we'll just switch to formula but hopefully that takes awhile. And I'm hoping this way pumping will sort of wean my milk away slowly and it won't hurt so bad to quit, like it did when I quit cold turkey with Adam. Ouch!
August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had a really hard time making the decision to pump only with Grayson. I felt really guilty. But, I've realized, you have to do what works for you. The nice thing is that Bradley will be able to give a bottle while you get some sleep.
ReplyDeleteI hope that Ellie's night trend continues. It is a great idea to wake and feed her before she wakes herself up and starving. Life is so much easier when you are well rested!