August 27, 2008

I Finally Made It To The Dentist

I was supposed to go for a cleaning and checkup back in February and canceled that appointment b/c I didn't like that dentist at all. But it took me forever to find a new one since all the ones recommended by friends were not covered under our insurance.

So I finally found one and actually enjoyed getting my teeth cleaned on Monday! These are some of things that were different that I've never experienced before, things that I learned, or things I thought were nice.

--They have a tv hooked to the light above you so you can be entertained and more relaxed during your visit. I must say this was nice even though you couldn't really see it when they laid you back all the way.
--There are some dentist offices out there that don't smell like a dentist office! This one had no smell to it which helped tremendously in me not feeling nervous.
--I have my top two wisdom teeth hiding up in my gums that I've never been told about before. Hopefully they aren't just now coming in! There's no way I have time for surgery like that.
--They still do fluoride! I haven't had this since I was probably 16. At least this time they didn't put so much in the tray that it oozed out and made me gag.
--I had a small cavity to get filled and the dentist just said, "Do you want me to do it right now?" I was amazed I didn't have to make another appointment and come back.
--He did the filling in about 5 minutes! It actually took about 25 minutes for the entire thing but that's because they let you sit there for about 15 minutes to get good and numb.
--It takes about 3 1/2 hours for the numbness to wear off, even though he said it should only take about an hour.
--They took a full set of xrays which I've never heard of before. They literally took about 20 xrays, 10 on each side, of every single tooth and different views of them.

That's about it. But they were really good and I'm hoping they stay that way! I thought the last one we had was good when the first few times we went there and she told us our teeth were perfect and nice and clean. Then the last few times she practically said our teeth were rotting out. Now how does that happen? She was crazy. This time I didn't feel nervous at all and think I can actually enjoy going to the dentist now. I don't mind getting a filling if it's necessary but I needed someone who could catch it early and fill it while it was still small.

So if you need a good dentist recommendation let me know!

1 comment: