August 4, 2008

Baby Shower









The baby shower this weekend was a blast. It was so good to visit with family, especially considering we only see most of them once or twice a year, if even that often. Too bad the weather was miserable and we couldn't really go outside to play games. But that just meant everyone was indoors to visit with. Gina was a great host and made some very yummy food, along with my stepmom. Congratulations to James and Marsha. I can't wait to see my nephew!


I learned, however, that traveling may seem easy but it's two days later when it hits everyone. Our schedules are so off today. Ellie had a horrible night last night, waking up three times to eat and then getting up at 545am. Adam had a late night every night last week and is still trying to catch up on sleep, but not doing a very good job of it. Ellie wakes him up every morning crying when I think he would probably sleep in otherwise. I'm totally exhausted today and Ellie isn't eating very well so I'm going to miss the finance committee meeting at church tonight, which I was really looking forward to. There's just no way I can go tonight and be there that long.

I'm not going to do anything yet but two things I'm considering:
1--Supplementing with formula in the night sometimes for a feeding. They say formula fed babies usually go longer between feedings so maybe that would help me catch up on some sleep and give Bradley some bonding time with Ellie, since he thinks she hates him.
2--Pumping exclusively and giving Ellie bottles all the time. I've heard this is hard and time consuming but I'm just really not that into nursing and this way she is still getting the breast milk but I'm not so stressed. I don't think it would be that bad b/c I already spend forever feeding her. But I'm worried my milk supply would go down and then she wouldn't have enough.

Today was a day when I considered going back to work! Or sending Adam to daycare two days a week so I could have a few days to myself. It's not going to happen, either one of those options, but that's just how I feel today. Hopefully tonight will go better and I'll feel better tomorrow. Adam is going crazy being in the house but we didn't have anything to do today or tomorrow and it's WAY too hot outside to go out there. Here's to hoping this week goes by fast!

2 comments:

  1. OH do I feel your pain! We have traveled way too much this summer and everyone's schedule just goes right out the window! I highly recommend finding a mother's morning out program. It is just maybe four hours a week, but it is good for everyone's sanity! Finding a good program was the best thing I did for the boys and for myself. The boys are very much looking forward to heading back to school this fall, though I think maybe after our out-of-whack summer, I am looking forward to it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you, but add another kid into the equation. I am ready for it to cool down...just a little would be fine with me. It will get better, but it does take some time. Let me know if you need anything!!

    ReplyDelete