August 23, 2008

Happy Baptism to Ellie!


Adam helping Bradley mow the lawn.


Another weird sleeping position performed by Adam.




Tomorrow is Ellie's baptism. In our Catholic faith that's a pretty big day and I'm so excited to have her go through this and begin her journey of following Jesus. We're having family over before mass to enjoy donuts and coffee and to celebrate this step in Ellie's life.

I can't believe Ellie is 8 weeks old already! Time flies by but this time I'm not so sad!! It's been rough this time around. We went over to our friend Sarah's house on Thursday and met her new son, Jonah, who was born August 14. I've mentioned Sarah before, and her daughter Leah who is Adam's good friend. Now Jonah and Ellie can be friends too! It's kinda funny how it worked out because Leah is about 8 weeks older than Adam and Ellie is 7 weeks older than Jonah. It was weird how big Ellie looked compared to Jonah though. I'll have to post a picture when Sarah emails me one. I know she's grown a lot and considering she was in the 90th percentile at the last measurement she's fairly big but it was weird.

Ellie goes on Thursday for her two month checkup. I'm not looking forward to the four shots she gets. That's the worst part for me. I hate seeing those needles go in so far. I try not to look but it's one of those things you try not to see so you see it anyway. And her scream...I can hear it now. And Adam will be with me so that's going to be interesting. Hopefully the doc can tell me some ideas of how to get her to sleep at night.

We're looking into swimming lesson at the YMCA for Adam for this fall sometime, either September or October. Bradley took him to the swimming pool for the last time today. I hate missing it because Adam actually went down the slide today! He loves the water so we figure it's time to get some lessons started and this way even if the pool is closed he can still go play in one during the colder months.

Bradley broke his toe today, or we think so anyway. Not sure what he did. They were downstairs playing and he thought I said something so he ran up the stairs and somehow either stepped on his own toe or hit it on the stair. But it's swollen and really purple. If it isn't better by Monday he'll probably go see a doctor but I'm not sure what they can do for a broken toe.

I can't decide if I'm sad the Olympics are almost over or not. I'm kind of glad to get back to regular tv but then again I've enjoyed watching them this year. I like summer Olympics so much better than winter ones. I really wanted to see the synchronized swimming today but I'm pretty sure I missed it considering it's now 9pm. I'm sure that isn't on prime time tv. Oh, but I did see some ping pong today. That was interesting to watch.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your Baptism Ellie! Welcome to the Catholic family of God.

    ReplyDelete