September 9, 2008

My Little Helper

Last night I took Ellie's clothes off and left her diaper on, laid her on the floor on the boppy, and went to fill up her bathtub. Adam had asked to undo her diaper and I told him to wait until I had her bath ready. Well, I look over and her diaper is undone and Adam is "wiping" her and "changing her diaper." It took me by surprise at first and I couldn't figure out what he was doing until I realized he was trying to be a helper and change her! It was so cute. He's such a great big brother! About 50 times a day he has to hug her and say "I love her."



Adam has been into his legos lately and today put all the little blocks together. It was as tall as him. I had to alter this picture since he didn't have any pants on but the blocks go all the way to the floor. This other one is a bird we always have to build every time we get these legos out.











Ellie is doing better. She's sure eating better. However, the last few nights she's been crying like crazy again and then today she cried for a half hour before exploding a giant poop and then she was fine. She sometimes has trouble going to the bathroom and has gas really bad a lot of the time so I switched formula. She's now on Similac Sensitive which says for fussiness and gas. Let's hope it works. She ate a bottle of it at 6pm, went to bed at 7pm, and we haven't heard a peep out of her. Although I'm sure it wouldn't work that fast.


Today was a good day. We met our friends from playgroup for lunch at Moe's at 11am then headed over to City Center Park for some play. Adam was crazy! He hasn't been out much lately and was sick yesterday so he was ready to go today. Then we got home and he would not take a nap. He was going a hundred miles a minute all afternoon and evening. It could be the medicine I gave him though!

No comments:

Post a Comment