What is it about my kids and ear infections? Wednesday night Ellie was crying for 4 1/2 hours. She was coughing and couldn't sleep. So I called Thursday morning to see if there was anything I could do for her and they told me to just bring her in. Sure enough, she has an ear infection. Then Adam had been complaining for two days that his ear hurt but then he would say it was fine. Well, he hasn't been acting like himself so Bradley took him today and he has one too! Other than a stuffy nose and coughing they've had no other symptoms...no fever, no pulling on their ear, still eating good. They've been a little fussy but that could have been from teething or just not feeling good from the cold they have.
This now means that Adam has had ear infections every month this year, January, February and March. Ellie had one in January and now March. Seriously!? I guess from now on every time they get a cold I should just take them to the doctor to get their ears checked. Or every time Adam says his ear hurts, even if 10 seconds later he says it's fine. I don't like the idea of them being on medicine every three weeks and I feel bad for them that they are in pain. But really what can you do to prevent them? Stop them from getting a cold but how do you do that this time of year? The only thing the doctor said was to give Adam the yellow triaminic. Which doesn't usually work anyway. I've been giving him triaminic all week, except it was the orange kind. I guess we need to live in a bubble during the winter months!
March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have you talked with your Ped about not treating with antibiotics? There is a "wait and see" approach that is gaining ground in medical research. Just a thought. Sorry your little ones keep getting infections :(
ReplyDelete