April 9, 2008

Potty Training

Is this not the hardest thing to do?? Since this past weekend Adam has sat on the potty chair a couple times a day but has yet to do anything. Yesterday he sat for 35 minutes straight but never did anything and today I put him on it, knowing he was about to do #2, but after 15 minutes still nothing...although he did it in his diaper as soon as he stood up! I think if he would just go one time in there he'd start to understand what he's supposed to do but how do you get them to do that? I'm not trying to rush him though because I know he's still young for a boy to potty train, but it'd sure be nice if it would at least start happening before the baby comes!!

2 comments:

  1. About potty training,
    You can try it until you turn blue, but boys are just harder. Best advice I ever got was to wait until Doug was 3. I didn't understand why he couldn't do it b/c it was so easy with Shannon. Once I realized how hard it was for him, it was a lot easier.
    This blogging stuff is great, how do you get started? Wish they'd had this when you guys were smaller. Maybe then we'd know you all better, and you'd all know your cousins better. Give our love to all, Jimmy, Gina, your mom, Grandma and Poppy. BTW, who is pregnant, Marsha or Gina? I heard another baby is coming. Love you guys, Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to potty train a boy, but I had really good luck with Blake. He just got it one day and has been great ever since. Blake didn't really catch on till he was just 2 or so. It really helps if you put him in "big boy" underwear. I know it is messy, but they get the hang of it better. You can also buy those plastic underwears that go over the cloth ones so that you don't have a total mess. I didn't really use those at all, but at night when he got the hang of it. Other suggestions that I got when I was doing it was to let him run without underwear...never really tried that! :) I couldn't let my child run without underwear on!

    Is Gina having a baby?

    ReplyDelete