

So I made it through my first week of being a mom of two. It wasn't too awful. It's just hard being so tired and not being able to go anywhere yet.
Wednesday my friend Ashley came over and brought lunch. It was a nice break from being alone in the house with two kids for a whole week without adult conversation and changing a billion diapers! It helped break the week up for Adam too.
Ellie is doing fabulous! She sure likes to eat the past few days. Sometimes she goes 3 hours before eating and then sometimes, like today, I fed her at 3, then at 4, then at 5. She's been eating around 9 or 930 and night and then staying up fussy until 11 or 1130. I figured out though that it's because she's still hungry so if I just feed her again, even for a few minutes, she crashes and I can just lay her down and get some sleep myself. So tonight I'm going to try feeding her for as long as she wants, even if it's an hour, and then hopefully get to bed a little earlier. But I only get up one other time, between 2 and 3, to feed her again. She was sleeping until 7 or 8 but the past few days she wakes up around 6 to eat again. Which sucks because I have to feed her for a half hour and then Adam gets up at 630. I've taken a few naps this week but I think they make things worse. Then I just wake up feeling more tired and not having a good afternoon/evening. Today I woke up with a horrible headache and felt nauseous but luckily Ellie was sleeping and I could lay down for awhile while Bradley watched Adam.
Other than that there isn't much new to tell you. We haven't done much yet. Adam got his two bottom molars this past week. They're just poking through the gums. He's been quite a handful this past week but I think it's just that he's two...and he's going crazy being couped up in the house all day. But at least it's only for another week or two and then maybe we'll try to get to some things, if they're outside. I'm still paranoid to take Ellie to any indoor playdates where there are lots of kids because I'm a chicken when it comes to sick kids. I know Friday there's a Popsicle playdate at the park by our house so if it's not too hot I may try to make that for awhile.
So...the kids are well, Bradley and I are exhausted (me more than Bradley!) but everyone is adjusting to our new life and taking it well.
Let me know if I can do anything to help!
ReplyDeleteGreat that she's sleeping so well during the night so far. I know Grayson was fussy during the evenings for a while - it was hard to know what to do with him sometimes! Just remember: Things only get easier! Thanks for posting the cute pics!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your making it through! I can't imagine how tired you are, hang in there, it will get better!
ReplyDelete